Monday, June 11, 2018

Waiting for parts.

Evening folks, hope ya'll had a great weekend.  
I was waiting for parts to arrive today so did a few things while I was waiting for them to come.  I ordered 5/16ths heater hose from Amazon as I wasn't able to find ANY locally.  Will be using this on the brake reservoirs as well as the coolant pipes.   So today I installed the new thermostat with new gaskets that I made for it. Then I decided it was time to remove the torsion bar shields, straighten, clean and paint them.  I also removed the clutch slave cylinder and it's hoses.  Removing the flexible hose turned out to be quite a chore and I eventually had to remove one of the frame mounting bolts to get the upper bracket off to remove the hose.


New Thermostat and nice new 'blue' gaskets

Thermostat housing in place

Torsion bar shield, very dirty and bent from jacking the car up on the torsion bars etc.

I'll take an after picture so you'll be able to appreciate the differences, the 'new' black walnut jacking block to the left.


Very wrinkled TB shield 


Cleaned and ready for paint

Painted, white area is reflection
The parts did come today but some important parts were not included so will need to call SNG again.

"That's All Folks"

Cheers,
Lynn


5.75 hrs

2 comments:

  1. The clutch slave is really a pain and the hose to it is even worse. When I replaced mine I was worried about a leak after getting everything back together again, but luckily had none.

    Today I'll go out to check out the progress on my car's new paint and see how Lawrence is coming along. I ordered the VHT black wrinkle paint for my heater duct and will give it a try after it arrives. I also need to order some parts from SNG so will be talking to your friend Will soon.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Drew, It was a pain and I hope it doesn't leak. I keep telling myself the next time I do this I'll use socket headed fasteners for the slave cylinder.... I really had to struggle with tightening the fitting on the slave, one flat at a time with a 'crows foot'.
      Can't wait to hear how your car is coming along, I did a little work on the V12 this weekend and I think it's pretty well tuned at this point, tomorrow supposed to hit 90's here so will recharge the AC tomorrow afternoon.
      Thanks for your interest,
      Cheers,
      Lynn

      Delete