Friday, June 8, 2018

"Housekeeping" Day

Not a lot to share today, cleaned and painted the air filter box, fixed some wiring, and changed the oil and filter.  I'm waiting for the front suspension parts, clutch slave cylinder &hose which should come next week.  Once I have that stuff in hand then I'll dig into replacing the ball joints, and bushings.


With all the pans out of the way it's a piece of cake to get to and remove the oil filter housing.

The thermostat housing cleaned and ready for reassembly, just need a thermostat.

I used this oil which has a higher Zinc content than regular oil,  I've never been particularly worried about ZDDP in the XK engine as the cams are 'soaked' in oil and unlikely to suffer the fate of other flat tappet engines.  On the other hand I'm not inclined for someone else's engine.

Strapping tape holding the wiring harness and coolant lines.

Well, that's it for this week, hopefully by this time next week the front suspension will be renewed.

Cheers,
Lynn


4 hrs

1 comment:

  1. Not much to share? You cleaned and painted the air filter box. That in itself is a pretty big deal. And that proper hammered finish is not easy to do. I need to put a black wrinkled finish on my heater duct as the PO had part of it painted body color. I think I'll bead blast it first out at Lawrence's to clean and prepare it. What wrinkle paint do you use?

    ReplyDelete