Friday, June 29, 2018

Steering rack

Evening,

Today was spent cleaning and refurbishing the steering rack,  the years of grime took most of the morning to remove. After cleaning I painted the rack, greased it and replaced the boots.
Hard to believe it took six hours to do that but it just takes time.  From here on out it should go faster with re-assembly.  The parts are all cleaned, painted and ready to go back on the car.

Prior to cleaning and refurbushing

After, looks a bit better IMHO.


That's it for this week, hope y'all have a great weekend!

Cheers,
Lynn


6 hrs

2 comments:

  1. Refurbishing the steering rack is another very grubby yet important job. No surprises as far as condition? The two I have done were in great shape and cleaning (lots of old, nasty grease), painting, new grease and shims (if needed) were all I had to do aside from the new rack mounts.

    Wish I was there to help. The kids are now back with the grandparents for a few more days until the parents arrive. I have opened a bottle of Fess Parker Pinot Noir and am cooking up a steak. Mary is still recovering.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Even the U joints seemed to be in good shape Drew. I wish you were here too especially now that I know your such a good baby sitter! :-)
      Cheers,
      Lynn

      Delete