Tuesday, June 12, 2018

Clutch Slave and disassembly of front suspension

Evening folks, a beautiful day here.  Today installed the clutch slave cylinder and flex hose.  I had to have Jan hold the head of the frame bolt that holds the flex hose at it's upper position.  

New slave clutch slave cylinder,  ordered a new clevis pin for the clutch. The old one was not designed for the standard clutch cylinder.

New flex hose, shouldn't have to mess with this for many years.

Disassembling the front suspension, the lower ball joint was quite loose and the bushings are coming apart.

Some of the parts, the rotor, brake caliper and shield. Will need to clean all this stuff and clean inspect and grease the wheel bearings.




Stopping point for the day, will need to remove the upper and lower control arms to replace the bushings.

"That's All Folks"


Cheers,
Lynn


6 hrs


4 comments:

  1. Looks great, Lynn. Your work is going to add many, many years and future miles to this car. I really think doing the front suspension is one of the most important things to do and biggest improvements to make to an E-Type. I look forward to hearing about the test drives.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Drew, I sure hope so. If Jennifer's agreeable, I'll probably do CD (JJ;-) in three phases, the first will be the front suspension, brakes and interior as I've been doing, then either address it performance with new ignition harness, electronic ignition and some carburetor work, or the rear suspension and driveline. A lot will depend on how the car drives,Jennifer's wishes and my time commitments this fall.
    Cheers,
    Lynn

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like a good plan. After I did the front suspension on the yellow 69 both Jerry and Erica drove it and Jerry definitely pushed it to the limits. I was a little surprised by his driving and glad the suspension held up. He said the suspension was fine. I was glad to not end up in the trees. :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Jerry was a character wasn't he, he had a lot more faith in my craftsmanship than I did. I was really happy we didn't wind up as a hood ornament on someones F350 when he test drove Shawnee :-) Good memories! I just had to keep telling myself he was a 'racer'.
      Cheers,
      Lynn

      Delete