Sunday, April 15, 2018

Jennifer's Jaguar, 68 E Type

Hello,  I'm starting this blog so that Jennifer can follow the progress of her 68 E Types 'refurbishment', Jennifer has owned this car since 1972 and it is a very original running E Type that just needs a little bit of cosmetic TLC.  Since Jennifer has never named her car, at least for the time being it will be known as JJ- Jennifer's Jag, at least till she comes up with a better name.

I am looking forward to working on JJ and while she (it's) has been well maintained there are some things that we can do to improve her appearance yet maintain the originality of the car.  The seats are going to be top on the list of chores and an attempt will be made to salvage the covers by removing them and hand stitching the seams, but more on that later, for now I'll just up load some pictures of this Series 1.5 1968 Jaguar E Type OTS (Open Two Seater).






 A battery disconnect is in JJ's near future-it's just safer to disconnect the battery when the car is inactive and it prevents battery drain.









That's all for now, but stay tuned for future developments.
Cheers,
Lynn

5 comments:

  1. Wow, nice looking Jag! Engine bay looks dusty, but totally original. And no rust that I can see on the suspension. Looks like the cad is still intact. I see the 3AW there above the voltage regulator. You going to replace the wheel well rubber seals? I see some cracks in the one on the right side. Not in tatters, but it might let some road dust through. What about the steering wheel? I'll be glad to tell you my secrets if it needs refinishing. Does the radio work?

    Thanks for the photos! Can't wait to see more!

    --Drew

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Drew, I haven't had time yet to check the details like that but perhaps Jennifer will see this and chime in. If Jennifer doesn't mind I'll remove the steering wheel cover and see what's under it.
    Cheers,
    Lynn

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lynn... My amazing new friend... Think we decided our Jags were twins separated at birth. I love that Drew has gotten involved and see that you both have such car knowledge and expertise. Lynn you know you have the green light for absolutely anything the car needs. As to a name? I ran it by my husband who suggested names as he said he fell in love with this California blonde that pulled up with the top down... Not my top...but the car top. haha. Thinking the car should be 'California Dreamin'... wench we both were 'raised'. Ideas? Anyway.. What a fun blog. Cannot thank Lynn enough for such TLC and so thankful to have found you.

      Delete
    2. Pretty funny Jennifer, California blonde......
      To bad about the name, you two were too slow, it's going to be JJ till I'm done ;-)
      Cheers,
      Lynn
      PS: then you can call it CD if you want....

      Delete